Great leaders know how to motivate others. Since the amount you can accomplish on your own is limited, it’s necessary to have the assistance of others. Someone that can motivate others to do their best has an incredibly valuable talent. When you can inspire others, you can accomplish much more.
Motivate others to do their best:
1. Be emotionally supportive. To help others shine, removing the fear of failing or looking foolish is critical. Most people are frozen by fear and prefer to remain comfortable. When fear is greater than motivation, nothing happens. Removing fear can be just as effective as instilling additional motivation.
2. Provide additional support. Ask what resources are required. Does your employee require additional help or funds to get a project off the ground? Perhaps your child needs a tutor or assistance with creating a resume. Determine what resources are required for success and provide them.
3. Follow up regularly. Show that you care by monitoring their progress. It’s enough to ask and then listen. Asking questions will also help to keep them on track.
4. Be publicly supportive. It’s one thing to support an employee in the privacy of your office. It’s quite another to be supportive in front of her co-workers. Parents are guilty of this, too. Avoid only supporting your children around the dinner table. Support them in public also.
5. Acknowledge and reward. Acknowledge progress and effort regularly. Everyone needs a little boost now and then. Ideally, give acknowledgement publically. Conversely, your disgruntlement and any discipline should be handled privately. It’s as simple as handling praise and reprimands most effectively.
6. Ask for ideas. You might hear a few ideas that are better than your own. It’s easier for others to get excited about their own ideas than to get excited about yours. Using ideas from your team will create a sense of purpose and involvement.
These are 6 secrets great leaders utilize to help inspire and motivate others around them to new levels of greatness! One can have skill, know how and a mind to be the best them they can and still not get there, Why? Most human beings require the visual and verbal encouragement of others to move beyond the levels of safety that although somewhat comfortable, is in essence a major life limitation full of inner as well as outer personal experiences that are often seemingly filled with failure and disappointments. On your own it can be very challenging if not difficult to disassociate from those past memories and the feelings that accompany them.
This is where the examples of those that have pressed past their past, crushed previous limitations and no longer associate failure and disappointment as a metric for present day or future success supply the motivation needed by others to prefer to try and fail verses fail to try! This is the first place on the road to greatness.
Empower Coaching has been designed to help empower both One on One clients and Group clients to break-free from limitations and discovery simple, clear and practical methods to experience lasting greater personal grow and develop that leads to living the life you've always wanted.
You're our "why" we are and do what we've done for thousands of others.
Live Purposely. Passionately. Productively.